Feeding more in Panajachel

Monday, December 21, 2009

Women that came to Sharon home in need of food.




While we were there a lady with many children came for help. Her husband left her and she has a new born and a 2 year old she was nursing at the same time. The infant was very weak and having a hard time breathing. We gave them 2 grocery bags to take but the baby ended up so ill that the mother and the infant were sent to the hospital. I think this was the photo of the mother that had the sick infant. I have thought about this family many times and I PRAY they are all well.





Another program Sharon of Mayan Families has is an Elderly Feeding Program.
When we were in Pana she had 16 elderly people on this program. These were delivered while we were there but Craig and I were busy making more food bags and distributing them to people in need that Sharon had come to her home while we were there. I am sure this number of elderly on this program has increased by now.



1 comments:

~Emily January 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

I could just squeeze them!!! It melts my heart.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP