Mission complete and then some!

Monday, December 14, 2009

We had much success but not without some speed bumps.

First we shopped like nobody has ever shopped.
I was drawn to mothers that had several children with them while they tried selling their produce. One lady, I purchased almost everything she had. She was thrilled and smiled as if she had not smiled for a long time. She had at least 5 children with her. The youngest was a 6 month old baby girl that was the size of a newborn baby. I was so happy to have helped them by buying from her.



A boy at the market cutting meat. I wonder how old he is? He looks to be 9 or 10.



Truck load 1 of 2 filled with food purchased from the market.



Donation sorting and food bag filling.


A world of thanks goes to...

Benjamin for helping us gather, and transport all the food purchased from the market.
Victor our driver for getting us safely to Panajachel, helping us sort and package food for the food bags and much more.
Hotel Katchiquel for letting us use their meeting room for days to use without any charge.

2 comments:

Gardenia December 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

what marvelous things you are doing. !

Hannah December 16, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

I love that you helped by buying the food from the vendors there. That was such a blessing to them.

Love this.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP