And Their Off!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Over 600 cans of meat are now on the way to Guatemala.
I wish I could say it all went off without a hitch but not this time.

Craig and I decided we must take the box of donations to the closest Medrano Express in order to make sure the shipment was there before we arrive in December.

So, Friday night Wyatt and Rylee got to have a sleep over with their Grandma. Saturday was Great Uncle Dave's 60th Birthday Party and the kids would much rather go to a party than sit in a vehicle for 7 hours.

We spent Friday night finishing packing the box with the last minute collections then Saturday we finished up the box with tape, rope, tape, shrink wrap, and more tape.
That box is secure and HEAVY!

Craig drove all the way to Nashville. It ended up taking about 3 1/2 hours and I did well with doing very minimal complaining about his driving. It was a good day! We dropped off the 64"x24"x24" box that weighed at least 300lbs. Hooray!


I drove us home so Craig could relax. We decided to stop to check a winery (We saw the sign on the way down). We were there for about 1/2 hour then I was back in the drivers seat. I noticed our gas tank was low but the price of gas in that area was way to high, for me anyway. Gotta watch those pennies! Anyway, I told Craig we would stop at the next exit that had a regular gas station. Then after passing many exits with"NO" gas signs the trucks began to putt, putt!

Uh-oh!!! Yes, out of gas! Oh my gosh, now what? Ugh!

Craig, staying the cool calm guy that he is, said "No Biggie!" We would just walk up the expressway to the next overpass (not an on ramp), walk up to a farm house we could see in the distance, knock on the door ask if they have a gallon of gas we could buy.

"WHAT!!! Oh my gosh Craig, we are going to get shot if we do that!"

A short later we met a wonderful couple, Michael and Angel. Angel welcomed me into their home and offered me a soda while I waited for Craig and Michael to get back from the gas station. We talked the whole time like we have been long time friends. Soon after Craig and Michael returned we were saying our goodbyes.

Thinking about it now, I am actually glad I ran us out of gas!

Craig was great about the whole thing and for some reason everyone thinks he was the one to let the gas run out of his truck. He has been getting a lot of grief about it. LOL!

Well it was an adventure and I was happy to experience it with Craig.
We don't get much me and my honey time.

3 comments:

Vanessa October 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

That story still cracks me up!! I'm so glad you guys made the trip safe and sound though!!

Hannah October 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

I am glad you guys made it home safely! I saw your post on Facebook but it was not until a few hours later.

I am glad you guys had a some fun during your crazy adventure!

Anonymous,  October 19, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Wow, What a trip! Sounds like fun!!! lol

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP