Silent Auction - Kick Ass Bows
Thursday, October 1, 2009
When I visited Guatemala 4 years ago to bring home Rylee then again just 2 years ago for our mission trip, most families there were poor, but they were eating. Maybe they were not eating a lot but they did have food.
Lately, with all the news and photos of what is happening to the children in Guatemala,
one four word sentence keeps repeating in my mind...
"How can this be?"
This mission we have in our hearts is to truly save lives of children suffering from malnutrition in our children's birth country. God has blessed us with brilliant, beautiful children. I cannot let myself imagine what my daughter's life would be at this very moment if we had not been guided there by God to adopt. I see my daughter’s eyes in EVERY child's face in Guatemala.
Lately, with all the news and photos of what is happening to the children in Guatemala,
one four word sentence keeps repeating in my mind...
"How can this be?"
This mission we have in our hearts is to truly save lives of children suffering from malnutrition in our children's birth country. God has blessed us with brilliant, beautiful children. I cannot let myself imagine what my daughter's life would be at this very moment if we had not been guided there by God to adopt. I see my daughter’s eyes in EVERY child's face in Guatemala.
I do wish that all that read this could feel depth of sadness and desperation I feel for these children. Only then, could my friends and family understand me a little better.
Click on photo to go to Becca's Blog.
My friend Becca is a remarkable lady and continues to support
The Guatemala Food Project.
The "Kick-Ass Bows" that Holly makes are a must have by any mom that
views her daughter as a true princess.
views her daughter as a true princess.
They are adorable!
Becca's Silent Auction is your way to get some of Holly's "Kick-Ass Bows" bows for your princess as well as help The Guatemala Food Project. Check them out!








3 comments:
And I love you, too...
Thank-you for pointing this project out to us! Guatemala has given us sooo much......we can never give back to that country enough!
I am so moved by your post...i am going to talk to my dh and see what we can give.
Post a Comment