A hunting we will go!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Over the weekend we went on our annual "Christmas Tree Hunt" I must say we got the best on the tree farm . We really make an event out of it each year.
We sing Christmas songs on the way to the tree farm.
As soon as we park we go inside to get our "free" handful of peanuts to take with us for our hunt. We must keep up our energy, you know!This year Wyatt wanted to pick the tree that was growing right in front of Craig's truck. Not because he is lazy but because he felt no one would ever pick that tree because it was so close to the parking spaces. He is such a thoughtful little guy.

That reminds me...
The other day Wyatt and I went to Wal-mart so he could buy a couple of his friends gifts for Christmas. When we walked into Wal-mart he said he wanted to give his change, after he finished shopping, to the Salvation Army Guy.(He must have been on a break at that time because no one was standing by the red bucket.) Of course, Wyatt spent more than he had so I gave him a dollar to give. On the way out Wyatt said "I hope the Salvation Army guy is not an old man." I asked him why and he said " It would make me sad if he was old and still in the Army." I chuckled, gave him a hug and told him he sure is a sweet little boy. Isn't he a sweetie?!
OK, back to the tree hunt! With peanuts in pocket we were off on our hunt. When Rylee started complaining that her feet hurt we knew we had to end our hunt soon.
Rylee and Wyatt were so excited to decorate the tree. We made paper garland with the kids the night before and we let the kids put Christmas stickers on it for decoration. We had not made our garland long enough so after we put it on the tree we rushed to make about 50 more links. We even made our star this year from card stock and aluminum foil. It really is an adorable tree.
This coming weekend if you live anywhere near Santa Claus Indiana. We are having our Christmas in Santa Claus Festival. It is going to be quite an event. We will be in the parade on Saturday. Yes, that's right! We will be IN the parade! We kind of over committed ourselves in participating so Rylee will be riding on the H.W. tram with Grandma and Grandpa, Wyatt and I will be walking with St. Bernard School and Craig will be selling Pork chop sandwiches with KofC, Knights of Columbus across form the Circle S gas station.
If you can't make it, no worries. I am sure I will be blogging about it.







9 comments:
What a beautiful tree! Sounds like you all had a great time tree hunting. Merry Christmas!
What a great idea... I love the singing christmas video. What a great looking tree :)
You do have an awesome family!
Can't wait to come see your tree!!!
You all did great on the garland!
Did you camp out under the tree?
Sounds like you all had a great time finding your tree and that you will have a blast this weekend! Yes, Wyatt is such a sweet generous boy! I bet your proud!!!
Have fun!
How fun and just love your tree. Wish we lived closer but sounds like the parade is going to be soooo much fun. Can't wait to see pictures.
Wyatt is quite the sweet little boy.
Your tree hunt looks like loads of fun. I can smell that smell from here.
Would love to join the fun this weekend, but unfortunatley I have to work.
What a FUN day!!! And it looks like you did find the perfect tree, love your decorations!! Love the kids singing, too sweet!!! Amazing memories for the kids. And what a sweetie pie Wyatt is!
Have a great week!
Stacey
The tree looks great!!!
Can you tell how behind I am on reading blogs??? I cant keep up anymore too much to do before Christmas!! I did take time to eat some of that pie you sent!! AWESOME!! Thanks again!
Post a Comment